Are you a general dentist or orthodontist interested in how the airway can be preserved or improved orthodontically?
The Airway Orthodontics Mini-Residency was formed to satisfy a need expressed by many doctors and friends. It is aimed to help those who want to get started, or to help those who need to systematize and refine what they are already doing in the arena of orthodontics aimed to protect or improve the structure of the airway.
Everything is taught in the context of preserving and improving factors that affect the airway, especially as we get into an introduction to fixed appliances.
- The basics of orthodontic records
- The ortho exam
- Decision trees to help decide on possible treatments
- Resources for collaborative care
- Arch development
- Fixed and removable appliances
- Early treatment
- Both simple and complex treatment planning
Six full sessions are available on-demand online, along with:
- PDF files of the lecture slides
- Sample lab slips and patient forms
- PowerPoint presentations for patient education
- Digital files of exam forms
- An easy-to-use photo template for creating orthodontic gallery layouts
- Much, much more!
Dr. Hockel says: “I highly recommend that AOMR attendees to also be present at the hands-on Crozat course and the straightwire course offered through the AAGO each year. Darin Ward is scheduled to be the main instructor for both of those, and I also help teach them. Registration for these would be through AAGO.”
Ready to sign up?
Download this application: Zoom Airway Orthodontics Mini Residency Application, fill it out, and email it to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested and would like to apply. Attendance is limited, so act fast!